Saturday 31 May 2014

‘I’m considering collaborating with Nigerian artistes’

American-based Nigerian gospel artiste, Joann Bessem Reginald,
popularly known as JB Reginald, has said she doesn't sing or listen to
any other genre of music apart from gospel.

In an online chat with Saturday Beats, JB said she hasn't tried
singing secular music and she mainly uses her talent to make an impact
in the lives of many.

"I want to fully utilise the gift that God has given me for the glory
of His name and the expansion of his purpose for man, which is to
worship him. While it is a lucrative business and people sing out of
their emotions, they sing to impress the religious.

"However, my main goal is to hear from God and follow the leading of
the Holy Spirit to minister to people, to lift the body of Christ and
lead people in worship into the presence of the Lord," she said.

JB, who is now a naturalised American, said she would consider
collaborating with Nigerian gospel singers in the future.

"My next album will probably be recorded in Nigeria. I don't really
know who I will work with; however, it is likely that connections will
be made when I am on tour of the country. Therefore, it is likely that
a future collaboration will result from this first project," she said.

Her latest album,You are all I Need, is currently making waves in the
US and JB said she considers her music to be "contemporary/Christian
because it is not a culturally-based project. The range is such that
an air of universality has been attributed to it. By this I mean that
my songs minister to people especially Christians all over the world."

Speaking on life as a gospel singer, JB said, "I will prefer to be
addressed as a gospel minister because Christian songs seek to
minister and only songs led of the Holy Spirit can do that and such
songs can only be done by ministers, not artistes.

"It takes a great deal of hard work, commitment, dedication, and
diligence. The greatest aspect is the reward: the spiritual
satisfaction derived, knowing that people are ushered into God's
presence through worship songs like mine, in addition to the fact that
their faith in God is being renewed when they listen to my songs," she
said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just too fantastic.
I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it.
You make it entertaining and you still care for to keep it sensible.
I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really
a great site.

Here is my weblog ... http://medical.prokr.com/